Saturday, August 06, 2005

Well, A new day begins

I'm writing from Evansville, IN listening to a stream of the new Sigur Ros Album "Takk"
After three and a half years of absolute fun at cafe coco, I've quit to tour full time with Thornton. I've had such a blast there. It's really be life-shaping. I started working their when I was 19, a few months after moving out of my parents house for the first time. I just turned 23 and in a lot of ways I'm a different person with some similar personality traits. I feel really good about most of the last 4 years.
As far as touring goes, we're just on day two of our first big tour. So far I can say that everything's been a blast, but we'll see what comes. I was concerned I wouldn't be able to make a neato tour documentary this time, 'cause my manual film camera bit the dust. Also, I didn't want to lug a bulky camera around for a month and then pay for developing a month of film. I wanted a really small digital camera, but the ones I was looking at cost like $450. I just could bring myself to pay for that. There was a $300 model that I was considering, but still so much money.
Anyway last night a fella I know who owned one of the $500 models came out to the show. He had gotten the camera new for free a few months ago through a series of very fortunate twists and turns and sold it to me last night for $200. So I'm a picture taking fool once more.
Once I get the rest of the hardware from him, I'll be posting the pictures on the thornton website (probably not here) daily, so you can see what happened the night before. We're gonna swing through nashville in about a week at which point all of this will take effect.
See you soon somewhere in America. For more information about any of our shows go to ThorntonMusic.com

Belleville, IL Sunday, August 7th Three-1-Three
Chicago, IL Tuesday, August 9th Martyrs
Indianapolis, IN Wednesday, August 10th Birdy's
Cincinnatti, OH Saturday, August 13th Coopers on Main
Knoxville, TN Tuesday, August 16th Corner Lounge
Atlanta, GA Wednesday, August 17th The Earl
Athens, GA Thursday, August 18th Tasty World
Chattanooga, TN Friday, August 19th Stone Cup
Jackson, MS Sunday, August 21st W.C. Dons
Little Rock, AR Monday, August 22nd Juanita's
Austin, TX Wednesday, August 24th Lucky Lounge
San Marcos, TX Thursday, August 25th Gordo's
Austin, TX Friday, August 26th Buffalo Billiards
Houston, TX Saturday, August 27th Helios
Jacksonville, FL Tuesday, August 30th Eclipse
Savanah, GA Wednesday, August 31st Coastal Coffee
Stanley, NC Friday, September 2nd SK Netcafe
Washington, DC Monday, September 5th Galaxy Hut
New York, NY Tuesday, September 6th The Delancey
New York, NY Thursday, September 8th Parkside Lounge
Louisville, KY Thursday, September 29th Uncle Pleasants
Bowling Green, KY Friday, September 30th Spencers Coffee House
Fort Wayne, IN Saturday, October 1st Columbia Street West
Rockford, IL Tuesday, October 4th Minglewood
Milwaukee, WI Thursday, October 6th Conways
Columbus, OH Saturday, October 8th Larry's
Knoxville, TN Wednesday, October 12th Corner Lounge

-Enoch