Thursday, March 23, 2006

Emergency Circut

"Life is a series of disappointment and sacrifices with the occasional amazing experience that almost makes up for the rest of the time." This is what James (drummer) said today. This may or may not be true and surely varries from one life to another. I can't say that it's for sure all that grim, but I will say that it seems as though you have to make sacrifices all your life. To have something, you have to give up something. Over and over and over again. I suppose there are some people without ambition that simply float down stream and don't ever feel like they have to choose between two or more things. I am not one of those people. My whole life, I've been faced with these kinds of conflict of the mind. Idealisticly, I like to think that I have do whatever I want and build whatever I want in my life. This is true in a sense, but when I comes right down to it, there are always to opposing wishes.
People are forgiving by nature. Yes, there will be times when you might think that you've been completely written off by someone. There will be times when you think you have had so much of someone you couldn't bear to speak to them again, but over time wounds heal and everything will be stronger and better than it was before. I've seen the most hopeless situations turn themselves around. Generally it takes years. That's ok. You've got years, unless you don't have years...it which case everyone else can fuck off.
We are attracted to bars and restaurants. (I'm not attracted to bars, but that's a whole other topic. When I say "we" I mean it in a very general sense, as in "we: Humans") Why? Because of the food? For the drinks? No. People. We like to be around people. We'd like to find the love of our lives or our next close friend amoung those people. Nobody gives a crap about product, and that's alright. You're a human...Wild, huh?

-Enoch