Monday, May 29, 2006

I took a drive in the land of the lord...




This is not a place for negativity...I don't know why I'm writing this.
Just now I was at subway (generally my favorite chain to eat at.) I ordered my sandwich and it came together well enough. I went to pay... Now, the magnetic strip on my check card is a little tricky. Sometimes you have to swipe it a few times at different speeds to get it to work. I need to get a new one, but I haven't been home in months so I don't have a place for a new one to be mailed to. After two swipes, the very confused clerk who couldn't speak english told me my card wouldn't work. He then tried to type in the card number which took about 5 minutes because of the language problem I guess. Then the fella told me that there was no money in my account. I knew this not to be true. I said, "are you sure my account won't work? It seems like you might not be familiar with how to enter card numbers manually." He claimed he knew what he was doing and I simply didn't have any money.
Michael offered to pay for my food and I took him up on it. I walked out to the van to eat my sandwich, in which there was a hair. Both my cookies were burnt.