Friday, September 25, 2009

We'll Have You, Oh Yes, We'll Have You

September 23rd & 24th, 2009

The thing about dating overseas, is that it's totally different from dating in real face. It's not really that it's worse, it's just different. Depending what you're looking for in a relationship it may not fit your requirements, but that's not to say that it doesn't work for anyone at all. Here are benefits of a romantic relationship which are not negated by the overseas part:

-Consistent caring attentive contact
-Regular affirmation and moral support
-Constant contact with another perspective

Can you think of more? Post it!

Benefits of a long-distance relationship not found in zero-distance relationships include:

-Increased personal time
-Schedule flexibility and independence
-More money! (Yes, dates are expensive...but not on Skype!)

Can you think of more? Post it!

I've decided not to take the sub at all until I'm intimately familiar with this city. So many people who live her can get anywhere on a subway for aren't familiar with the geography. I want to connect all the dots...hopefully before it gets ass-cold!
_______________________________

Class yesterday was awesome! Maggie (my teacher) said my partner and I did very well in our exercises, and she said I brought the best activity. I'll tell you about that; we do this repetition exercise with our acting partner where we repeat eachother for a long time. It's interesting because the repetition sort of takes a life of it's own and you start to read all kinds of subtext in your partners behavior. The thing is, it's easy to get heady and start paying a lot of attention to yourself and getting all heady (bad for acting. To avoid this, we do a difficult activity while repeating so it absorbs to much brain power to get wrapped up in ourselves.

Anyway, I brought in my guitar and itunes and was teaching myself a really difficult guitar solo. It was really fun and worked out nicely.

Notes from yesterdays class include, but are not limited too:

-Let your partner play on you
-Take everything personally
-Fuck It
-Move on
-NOW
-Always connect.
-CONNECT, YOU SELF-ABSORBED ASSHOLE
-PERSONAL
-6
-(Scribbles)
-Not late, NOW
-Polite people are LATE
-I live here
-Difficult, Simple, Specific
-Rehearsal: DON'T FUCK AROUND

_________________________________________________


Pat and I went to Peacefood today. I think she enjoyed it and she met my boss, Eric. They really hit it off and got along great.

Finally, this evening I went to dinner with daughters family. Talking to the children, William and Wyatt, I began to notice many similarities between their upbringing and mine. They include:

-Home-schooling
-Taking care of a vast garden and orchard
-Baking their own bread
-Raising chickens and harvesting their eggs

Ways in which their upbringing differ from mine include:

-Lack of fundamentalist Christianity

Kudos, Warners. Kudos.



Oh Crap! Kevin just put up the video to Say Goodnight!