Monday, February 20, 2006

This scenario again.

As I write I'm riding in the van on what will be a 32 hour drive. After our show in Utah we got wind of a bad snow storm in the mountains on the way to colorado (our next show). Apparently cops are pulling over people who don't have chains on their tires in that region. So, in addition to Mae cancelling the show in Boulder, we all also had to find an alternate route to the next show which is in Nebraska. Basicly what had to happen was a detour back through LA to I-40 which is what leads to the insane trek we're making through the southern united states. Pleasant enough driving, there's just a lot of it. My last driving shift was this morning bewteen the hours of 5 and 10 am. I slept all day in the van which was nice 'cause I was a bit behind on sleep.

As far as the last few shows have been, the Las Vegas show was our best performance yet and was super fun. We didn't play as tightly last night (or at least I didn't) but people there absoloutely loved the show anyway.

Right now I'm riding shotgun while watching a DVD on my computer. It's Ben Folds Five, The Complete Sessions at West 54th. Ben Folds Five was another integral artist in my teenage years. The first big show I ever went to was Ben Folds Five and the Foo Fighters. A Damn fine show for any 14 year-old to see. Really stellar good music. I remember the first time I heard them. I was raking leaves at an old womans house in my home town. I must have been 13 or so. The song Brick came on the radio and I remember loving it instantly. If you haven't heard the whole record that the song is off of, you need to buy it right now. It's called Whatever and Ever Amen. Probably one of the best albums to come out in the 90's.