Monday, February 06, 2006

Yes, we're in the van...

I'm having a great time here. The fellas are super nice and the music is fun. After arriving wednesday we spent 5 days drilling the crap out of 11 songs that we're playing on this tour. I slept in the basement of Lovedrugs business managers house. Today started at 7:00 AM as I prepared for our departure at 8. We're playing a couple shows on our way out to California where the tour officially starts. We're meeting up with a band called Mae and will be main support for them. First stop is in Greenville, Illinois at greenville College. I suppose by the time I've posted this we will have already played. At this point I have no idea what to expect.
I do know that tomorrow we'll be driving 900 miles to Denver Colorado, and two days later we'll be driving 1300 miles to Chico, California. THat should be interesting. Also expensive we just did the math and figured it's gonna cost about $800 in gas to get to that side of the country. Hooray for petrolium!
Currently we're in the van Rocking out to Smashing Pumpkins Mellon COllie and the Infinite Sadness Disk 2. Bodies. Oh yes... We have limited music options in the van. The fellas all brought there ipods, but there's no way to hook them into the stereo. We thought there would be hope and pulled the stereo out of the dash looking for an auxilary input. We must have seemed suspect in the parking lot of wal-mart in Dayton, OH. I'm burning Discs off of my computer as I write. Sigur Ros, The Smashing Pumpkins...that's all I've done so far.
I will never tire of the midwestern sky. It's Huge. The earth is so flat here. There's not a cloud in the sky right now as we head west. A little snow, but not a lot. Things here look strikingly....

...And that's where I stopped writing.